Monday, June 21, 2010

DWI

Gentlemen, I think it’s safe to say that many of if not all of us are guilty of this heinous act. We don’t know when to cut ourselves off and before the night is over we've done something that it is irreparable. No, I’m not talking about Driving While Intoxicated (which something that an Epic Gentleman would never do). This is a discussion about Dating While Intoxicated.

We all have our war stories. Some of us have called our dates by another woman’s name while others have gone to the extreme and vomited during a date. Now, I’m not suggesting that we put X’s on our hands and go straight edge. Hell, I am drinking a glass of Malbec as I’m writing this essay. Some of us may believe that we need a couple of drinks to “loosen up” or gain “Dutch courage*”. Which is fine, to an extent. The problem lies in knowing when enough is enough. This isn’t Bro-mageddon guys, there’s no need to get hammered. If I may, here are some suggestions when it comes to drinking on a date. First, NO SHOTS! It’s the easiest way to get drunk. Your date may also think that you are trying to get her drunk. Second, despite how many drinks you think can handle, always drink less. You don’t want to look like a lush in front of your date. If don’t know what your magic number is, a good rule of thumb is to have one less drink then your date. I am going to make it my personal goal to not rely on drink while on a date. After all we are EPIC gentlemen I suggest that we start living up to our name.

*Where the hell did the term Dutch courage come from? I didn’t think that the Dutch were known for drinking?

If you have any comments or thoughts please feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment