Monday, August 9, 2010

The Pax Cecilia

The Pax Cecilia is a band that I return to time and time again. I saw this band squeeze into the original Charm City Art Space in Baltimore a few years ago, and even with the lack of a real sound system or any space to move, this band still sounded great. What I love most about this band is their diversity. They could write a beautiful piano and orchestral song and transition it ever so perfectly into a dark  and sad metal song. Their blend of styles is amazing and every member is a dynamic and important piece to the puzzle. Since their 2007 release of Blessed Are The Bonds, The Pax Cecilia has been pretty quiet, as members have taken on various other projects. However, from what I understand, new Pax material is in the works, and I couldn't be more excited. I'm hoping this means a possible tour will also be on the horizon sometime in the near future. Only time will tell.

If you would like to take a listen, all you need to do is go to The Pax Cecilia's website. Here, you can download their entire album Blessed Are The Bonds for FREE. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Just finished listening to it and it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Glad you liked it. I listened to it again today. The flow of the entire album is just so good.

    ReplyDelete