Thursday, September 16, 2010

BCC2010: Omega Chase

Omega Chase is another comic written (and co-created) by Kieth Dallas and its a very interesting one. I've made it through issue one and I am left wanting more.

I have to give props to Kieth Dallas with how this comic is written. It draws you in right away. The narration/first person thoughts of main character Mack Baron have a lot of personality, and really fit in with the environment.

*Note* Possible spoilers after this, but I will try to keep it to a minimum.
The Omega Chase cover really shows us a bunch of what we can expect with the story: zombies in an old-timey Midwest, which is already exciting! My first thought was if its anything like Red Dead Redemption meets zombies, I'm sold hook, line, and sinker!

The comic opens up with us meeting Mack Baron, the the sheriff of a Providence Fields. The year is 1881, however Baron isn't so sure that is his place in time. He knows of key historical events that take place in the future, but has no memories of his past. So now we can expect some sort of sci-fi element added to the mix. There are hints of it towards the end of the first issue, but nothing specific. I am kind of hoping for an Assassin's Creed type of twist, but thats really because of my love for that game franchise. There's no telling what kind of twist this will take yet with just getting into the first issue.

Again, I really have to acknowledge the writing here. It does a really good job of setting up the feeling and tone for the time period. The humor is subtle but really helps break up the some of the seriousness. It definitely keeps you reading.

I really like where this comic is going. Again, I've only been through the first issue, but I'm excited to pick up the rest. I think this is a very interesting blend of genres, and ready to see where the rest of the issues will takes this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment