Wednesday, September 29, 2010

K.Flay



Until this past Sunday, I had not heard of K.Flay. Shame on me. A friend who went to the Sleigh Bells show at UMBC  told me that a chick going by the name of K.Flay opened that night and I had to check her out. He said "She's got sick beats and sounds like a female Childish Gambino." How could I turn that down? I looked up K.Flay that night and was thoroughly impressed. She can rap, sing, create some amazingly awesome remix beats, strum a mean guitar, and on top of all of that -- she's hot. K.Flay describes her style best on her website when saying, "If you were to put hip hop, indie rock, and electronic music in a blender, it would sound like me." Yes please.

If that wasn't enough to wet your whistle, you can check out her tunes for FREE! Who doesn't love free music??? Head on over to www.kflay.com to download her MASHed Potatoes Mix Tape and her song "2 Weak" with a remix of Grizzly Bear's "Two Weeks" on the track (it's legit). I can't wait to hear whats next for K.Flay and her music. Her collaborations and remixes are great. I would be really interested in hearing a full original album from her as well. I have linked some videos after the jump. First is a mix with a bunch of clips from live shows. Second is the video for SomethingALaMode's "Clip de 5am" featuring K.Flay. Also, dont forget to check out her website for her mix tape downloads and all things K.Flay. If you don't, shame on you.




K.Flay Live from K.Flay on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. Spoiler Alert!, She has a full album coming out in about a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well color me excited! Thanks for the heads up! Can't wait for it!

    ReplyDelete