Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A New Voice for The Joker?



I had originally intended to write about Batman : Under The Red Hood. Since we at The Epic Gentleman's Society try to only write about things we enjoy, that plan quickly scrapped. Not that the movie was terrible, but for everything that I enjoyed, there was something that made me roll my eyes. In the end the movie turned out to be just "meh". What I enjoyed most about the animated feature was John Di Maggio's performance as The Joker.

Di Maggio is one of the best voice actors in the business. He is the voice behind Bender of Futurama, Marcus Fenix of Gears of War, Wakka of Final Fantasy X, among others.

A void will be left as Mark Hamill, who has played The Joker since 1992, will retire after Batman: Arkham City. I propose that John Di Maggio should be the next actor to voice the clown prince of crime. He is a recognizable name among fans of the video game and animation industry. And as I mentioned before, his performance was best thing about the mediocre film! So what do you think? Is Di Maggio the next Joker? If not, who would you cast?


SPOILER ALERT!!!!
This is one of the last scenes of the movie but it is a great example of Di Maggio's talent! You've been fairly warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment