Thursday, July 15, 2010

First Impressions: Thor Costumes




With Marvel's release of this photo for the upcoming Thor movie, fanboys have been going crazy. Several complaints are regarding the sci-fi aesthetics to the design. It appears to me, that these fans aren't familiar with the Silver Age of Thor. Thor had several stories that included The Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, The Celestials and other sci-fi themed characters. I believe that Odin and Loki's designs are influenced by Walt Simonson's artwork. While Thor's channels the current design by Oliver Coipel. With that in mind, I think the costumes look great. I've also read complaints with the lack of helmets. Really?! This is a single screen shot from a full length movie. Who knew that one picture could inspire so much wrath? I'm going to keep an open mind on this until I see a trailer.







No comments:

Post a Comment